26.4.12

Oh news oh news

I should be reading my book now ('Erebos' by Ursula Poznanski for those who are interested - http://site.annickpress.com/catalog/catalog.aspx?title=Erebos) but my little lamp just.. flashed, boom, shkghg and it's not working any more :(

So, I will just write how am I?
Good, thank you.

I worked 14 hours today/yesterday and mostly it was wasted time, because I have to render everything again. Normally, I wouldn't mind but.. recently some %!!@$!@$ student blocks whole render farm with his animation where one frame renders AT LEAST one hour. So there is no possibility of me using render farm now. However, I managed somehow to push my animation in render queue (or was I just lucky?) and got what I presented to fellow team mates today.
Later, I had to render again camera shake because it stayed on stepped keys (really, long story with cameras and you don't want to hear it).
So, after rendering I had to copy all the frames from render space to local computer, because working in Premiere via local network is commonly known as suicide.
And it takes time. 20 GB of frames.
Then.. To edit everything smoothly I have to 'bake' frames into movie clip. It takes around 50 minutes.. at least.
Then, it's easy way. I import the new file, edit sounds (and it takes time..) and.. render the final file.

Ugh.. I really like postproduction (however it is REALLY tiring; not as carefree as animation). But when I have to do same thing third time and I know it takes ~10 hours my mind is blown after whole day and I write notes like that. Yes.

Meanwhile, I work on 11 second club task. It's going really smooth and I enjoy doing this. Probably, if everything goes right, I will release another version tomorrow/today. 26/04 it is.

But now, I will try again repairing my bedside lamp, because I really want to know what's going to happen next in 'Erebos'.

No comments:

Post a Comment