30.4.12

[Dialogue] Final + Module summary




Final version, yaaay!

Worked on render (more bloom effect, brighten up, improved quality), hair meshes (now less boxy) and tweaked some moves to look perfect.

I'm happy with this version. Already submited my entry on 11 Second Club site.

Okay, now some words about this project.
With my really easy idea it couldn't go wrong.
It was rather short. I think it took me around a week (implying I would work every day by day) so it's not bad. The tempo was amazing and I really felt good with that.
This project was rather relaxing compared to the Mimes.
I really enjoyed working on this animation.

I think it is a good idea to combine university task with 11 second club competition. It feels like we, the nine master students on Teesside, are not the only one doing the same task. And it is amazing to see more ideas and work in progress animations!
That gave me some boost to produce high quality animation.
And about animation, there are some bits I would still improve like right hand on 'professionals'. It could be better? Could it?
I don't know. I'm really happy with the final results. The eye darts looks amazing and blinks are in the right place (I hope).
I think I can empathize with both characters and that is really important. Especially in dialogue scene.

That thing which I was missing in previous animations - acting principles. I had no idea there is something like that. Now I know what to do, when and.. why.
With group work I've learned how to split to-do things with other people and which is more important - I've gained more experience working with animators.
Finally, for the first time I've sent my entry to 11 Second Club. I always wanted to compete with other people but never had a reason or... I was just lazy.
Now I will send my submissions more often.

Thank you for really interesting module!

No comments:

Post a Comment